Please see the attached file for the completely formatted problems.
1. Circle any conjugated portions in the molecule below.
2. Consider the reaction below to answer the following questions:
3. The nucleophile in this reaction is __________.
4. The electrophile in this reaction is __________.
5. The product that results from 1,4-addition is __________.
6. The Kinetically controlled product is:
7. Provide the correct IUPAC name for the following compound.
8. Predict whether the molecule will show aromatic chracter. Explain.
9. What is the hybridization of the N atom in sulfathiazole?
10. If the S is sp2 hybridised how many pi electrons are in sulfathiazole ring?
11. What reactivity do you predict for sulfthiazole?
12. What is the IUPAC name for the following alkene?
Provide the correct IUPAC name for the following compound.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 4, 2021, 8:08 pm ad1c9bdddf
The solution contains answers to questions realting to dienes, conjugation and aromaticity. The 1,4- and 1,2-addition of dienes is discussed.