I need some help with answering these questions: (See attached file for full problem description and structural formulas)
1. Predict whether the molecule would be expected to show aromatic character or not. Explain your answer.
2. What is the hybridization of the nitrogen atom in sulfathiazole?
3. Assuming that the sulfur atom is sp2-hybridized, how many pi-electrons are there in the sulfathiazole ring?
4. What reactivity do you predict for sulfathiazole?
5. Give the IUPAC name for the following alkene.
6. Circle any conjugated portions in the molecule.
7. 2-Chloro-1,3-butadiene is polymerized to yield an excellent, expensive synthetic rubber with good weather resistance called:
8. For the compound below tell how many signals you would expect the molecule to have in its normal, broadband decoupled 13C NMR spectra.
9. For the compound below tell how many signals you would expect the molecule to have in its normal, broadband decoupled 13 C NMR spectra.
This solution answers the aromaticity and hybridization questions with explanations.