I need some help with answering these questions: (See attached file for full problem description and structural formulas)
1. Predict whether the molecule would be expected to show aromatic character or not. Explain your answer.
2. What is the hybridization of the nitrogen atom in sulfathiazole?
3. Assuming that the sulfur atom is sp2-hybridized, how many pi-electrons are there in the sulfathiazole ring?
4. What reactivity do you predict for sulfathiazole?
5. Give the IUPAC name for the following alkene.
6. Circle any conjugated portions in the molecule.
7. 2-Chloro-1,3-butadiene is polymerized to yield an excellent, expensive synthetic rubber with good weather resistance called:
8. For the compound below tell how many signals you would expect the molecule to have in its normal, broadband decoupled 13C NMR spectra.
9. For the compound below tell how many signals you would expect the molecule to have in its normal, broadband decoupled 13 C NMR spectra.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 7:33 pm ad1c9bdddf
This solution answers the aromaticity and hybridization questions with explanations.
Twelve problems relating to conjugation, dienes and aromaticity.
Please see the attached file for the completely formatted problems.
1. Circle any conjugated portions in the molecule below.
2. Consider the reaction below to answer the following questions:
3. The nucleophile in this reaction is __________.
4. The electrophile in this reaction is __________.
5. The product that results from 1,4-addition is __________.
6. The Kinetically controlled product is:
7. Provide the correct IUPAC name for the following compound.
8. Predict whether the molecule will show aromatic chracter. Explain.
9. What is the hybridization of the N atom in sulfathiazole?
10. If the S is sp2 hybridised how many pi electrons are in sulfathiazole ring?
11. What reactivity do you predict for sulfthiazole?
12. What is the IUPAC name for the following alkene?
Provide the correct IUPAC name for the following compound.View Full Posting Details