. Cycloheptatrienone is a stable polar compound, but cyclopentadienone, although polar, is so reactive that it cannot be isolated. Briefly explain.
6. Circle which of the following is more stable. Explain
7. Circle which of the following is more acidic. Explain© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 9, 2019, 11:10 pm ad1c9bdddf
This solution uses the concept of aromaticity to explain:
1) Why cycloheptatrienone is stable while cyclopentadienone is not.
2) Which compound is more stable: phenol or cyclohexadienol.
3) Which compound is more acidic: phenol or cyclohexanol.