Please help with Swot on Walmart.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:30 am ad1c9bdddf
When I worked on a Walmart SWOT, this information was very valuable.
"A SWOT Analysis of Retail Giant Wal-Mart
Wal-Mart (NYSE: WMT) has forever been a market leader, and a great company to have your money in. Let's do a SWOT of the retail giant.
- A 2.3% dividend yield puts the stock well ahead on the yield curve than a ten year treasury. Raised its dividend 18% on Friday.
- For the most recent quarter, and I quote: "gross margin was 24.9%, 10 basis points better than the prior-year quarter. Operating margin was 6.7%, 10 basis points worse than the prior-year quarter. Net margin was 4.4%, 20 basis points better than the prior-year quarter.".... Never a bad thing to see increasing margins!
- Has outperformed the market for the last million consecutive years. One of the best performing stocks of all the time.
- One huge strength Walmart has is it owns much of the property its stores lie on. Many of these properties were purchased years ago, and are not marked up on the balance sheet to ...
This article provides information about the Walmart giant's SWOT.
Strategic Management: Internal Analysis and SWOT for Wal-Mart
Answer the following questions in terms of how they relate to Wal-Mart:
- What are the two or three biggest strengths the company has that allows it to make the company's vision come to fruition?
- What are its main competitive advantages?
- What internal weaknesses can you find?
Provide references as well.View Full Posting Details