Why is internal alignment an important policy in a strategic perspective of compensation? Describe a compensation strategy you have experienced in the workplace in relation to the three tests for competitive advantage. What emphasis was placed on employee contributions to that compensation structure? How did the organization communicate the compensation structure to managers and supervisors? Describe what autonomy managers and supervisors had to increases employees' pay in your organization and what guidelines were in place ensure adherence to the compensation plan.
Why is internal alignment an important policy in a strategic perspective of compensation?
Internal alignment is important in a strategic perspective of compensation because:
1. It establishes internal equity of the military;
2. It upholds the morale of the military;
3. Internal alignment is important for motivation;
4. The pay rises improves the strategic competitiveness of the army;
5. Internal alignment gives some protection to the army against union action.
6. Internal alignment of pay is important for retaining personnel in the military.
Describe a compensation strategy you have experienced in the workplace in relation to the three tests for competitive advantage
The compensation strategy that I have experiences in the work place is:
customer value: In case of the military the customer is the government and the people of the USA. To increase customer value the top brass of the military has been given high compensation packages, however, these packages have fallen short of what the top executives in corporations earn.
Competitor Differentiation: the military offers several benefits to make the total compensation package very attractive. However, what is important is how ...
Internal alignment is discussed in great detail in this solution.