Consider the following network for conducting a two-week (10 working days) computer training class:
(Network in the attached file)
A. Construct a schedule for the following Crash/Normal Schedule chart below:
1. Early start's for all activities
2. Late start's for all activities
3. Slacks for all activities
4. The critical path
B. Provide the following:
1. Find the crash cost per day
2. Which activities should be crashed to meet a project deadline of 10 days with a minimum cost? Assume partial crashing.
3. Find the new cost
4. Is partial crashing an appropriate assumption in this kind of project?
What problems may occur if the project manager does not have a follow-on project when the current project nears termination?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 5:17 pm ad1c9bdddf
Answers involving early start's, late start's, cost, and crital paths for critical path method
What is the minimum cost to complete this project in 14 days?
The data for a Time-Cost CPM Scheduling model analysis are given below. The times are in days. What is the minimum cost to complete this project in 14 days? (Hint: This problem requires crashing).
Activity Immediate Predecessor Normal Time Crash Time Normal Cost Crash cost
A None 4 2 2000 4000
B A 4 3 3000 6000
C A 2 1 2000 2500
D B and C 4 2 5000 5600
E D 3 1 6000 9000