Protecting organizational assets and information within the company has become a top priority for many organizational leaders.
Review the article titled "Missed Alarms and 40 Million Stolen Credit Card Numbers: How Target Blew It", located here.
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
1. Determine the fundamental challenges that organizations face in general in regard to protecting organizational assets and information.
2. Specify the red flag(s) that Target overlooked or ignored before the retail attack and give your opinion as to why Target overlooked or ignored the red flag(s).
3. Determine the main actions that Target took after the breach occurred and evaluate the efficiency of such actions.
4. Conclude the main reasons why the attack on Target occurred. Give your opinion as to whether or not the attack was mainly due to the poor infrastructure or the inability of management to act accordingly. Justify your response.
5. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources
The response addressed the query is posted in 1233 words with APA References.
//Information systems play a very crucial role in the decision-making process in organisations . This is the information system which makes the decision effective and efficient. In this relation the following discussion is focused to examine the importance of information systems in decision making as well as the key challenges that are faced in protecting organizational assets and information.//
Information has become an integral part of the success of any business. The companies are using information as an asset to conduct day to day operations and sustain the competitive advantage. The way it is crucial for the business, it also possesses value for the criminals which can cause severe damages to an enterprise if misused. This has increased the significance of ensuring the integrity and the protection of the information. Easily usage and dissemination information assists the employees and the managers to conduct their jobs efficiently, therefore, simply, bolting down this information is not the solution.
While protecting the assets and the valuable information of the organisation, the managers in general faces several challenges. The biggest challenge faced by the organisations in protecting its assets and information is the security issues. These issues are related to the information, personnel and physical securities (Thompson, 2016). The personnel security issue deals with the employees' security in terms of employee violence. The physical security issues deal with the safeguarding the organisation's facilities from theft and ensuring compliances with various standards stated by law. The most important issue is the information security issue which includes protecting the proprietary information of the business. It includes security issues related to the network peripherals, the threat of data loss and penalties resulting from non-compliances and trade secrets (Wittkop, 2016).
//In the further discussion, a specific example of a ...
The stolen credit cards numbers in Target are examined. How target blew it is determined. The response addressed the query is posted in 1233 words with APA References.