Please open attachment.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 21, 2019, 6:06 pm ad1c9bdddf
I was happy that I was able to assist. Per Brainmass Operations, as OTAs, we can assist and help you ...
MKT Practice Problem Examples
1. The objective of public relations is to sell:
a. An organization's products
b. An organization's people
c. An organization's cash flow
d. An organization
2. The R-A-C-E approach to defining public relations includes the following components:
a. Results, analysis, communication, explanation
b. Research, attitude, communication, explanation
c. Research, action, communication, evaluation
d. Research, analysis, communication, evaluation
3. The job of public relations professional is very much that of an "interpreter," where he interprets:
a. Management to the public and the public to management
b. Management to the public
c. The public to management
d. Many publics to many managers
4. Which of the following trends contributed to the evolution of public relations in the United States?
a. Economic recovery from the depression
b. America's expansion into the western part of the continent
c. The growth of big business
d. The rise of powerful political machines in Washington politics
5. Public relations goals must be defined by:
a. Good judgment
b. Public relations management
c. Marketing goals
d. An organization's goals
6. Morale at the company was low after a series of severe firings. "I've got just the thing to get morale back up again," said Darren, the firm's public relations director. "We'll start an employee television program. We start filming tomorrow." What vital public relations step did Darren overlook?
7. A public relations professional isn't really communicating unless someone at the other end ___________the communication.
b. Hears and acts on
c. Hears and understands
d. Rallies around
8. Public relations may be used in a marketing plan to help to:
a. Introduce a new product
b. Price a product correctly
c. Distribute a product to specific retail outlets
d. Structure product advertising copy
9. One key to maintaining positive media relationships is to emphasize __________ in all communication.
10. Publicity differs from advertising in the following way:
a. It can be considered "news"
b. Its placement can be controlled
c. Its frequency can be managed
d. The timing of its appearance can be managed
11. An organization's public image is determined by:
a. It's marketing efforts
b. It's financial stability and longevity
c. It's employees' job satisfaction and public philanthropy
d. It's goods and services and persona as a corporation
12. Generally speaking, when should research be used in the public relations process?
a. Both before planning a campaign and to assess the campaign
b. It shouldn't be used, its too expensive for most public relations efforts
c. Only during the campaign in order to track reactions and to adjust to the campaign
d. Only at the conclusion of a campaign to assess its effectiveness
13. Evaluation of public relations depends on several things, including:
a. The sample size used in the research
b. The data-gathering mechanism
c. The amount of money spent on the research
d. The quality of the facilitator utilized
14. In the inverted pyramid:
a. Arguments are presented before the conclusion
b. The climax comes in the beginning
c. Important details are placed at the end
d. The climax comes at the end
15. It is important for public relations professionals to establish a good working relationship with the media because:
a. Successful libel suits are on the rise
b. Companies are trying to avoid the pitfalls of the media's liberal agenda
c. The media can help organizations solve society's problems
d. Publicity is considered more credible than advertising
16. The most frequent target of public relations professionals is:
a. The newspaper
b. Local television news
c. Network news
d. News magazines
17. Integrated marketing:
a. Is when marketing departments and agencies are providing more employment opportunities for women and minorities
b. Happens whenever an advertising campaign includes public relations releases
c. Is in decline as public relations takes a stronger independent role in the marketing of products
d. May be described as when marketers approach communications issues from the customer's perspective
18. Risk communication is based on the position that
a. The public is highly emotional
b. What they don't know won't hurt them
c. Perception is reality
d. Never volunteer information
19. In a crisis, the best firms:
a. Have anticipated every possible problem
b. Allow their public relations people handle all communication
c. Seize control early and don't acquiesce it to outside experts
d. Quickly hire the best to come in and handle everything
20. Skillful crisis managers:
a. Can appear too calm for the public's taste
b. Are only as good as the management teams they represent
c. Have an assured career path
d. Can turn a crisis into an opportunity
Essay Example Questions
Answer the following questions in brief paragraph form. Include one questions per page and double space all answers.
1. Identify and explain five categories of social responsibility for corporations.
2. Explain the three different opinions of what constitutes a message. Then, choose the one you feel is closest to reality, giving your reasons for choosing it.
3. Differentiate between marketing, advertising, and public relations. How do they work together?
4. List and explain the general principles the public relations experts use when communicating a crisis.
5. List and expand on at lease 5 principles to keep in mind when developing a philosophy of dealing with the media.