* Give examples of other Internet alternatives that exist for interpersonal communication.
* Determine what marketers can do to increase consumer trust in online sources.
* Discuss the typical characteristics of those who are heavy bloggers.
* Give two (2) positive or negative examples of how advertising influences children's values.
* Discuss the current rules that are used to govern marketing to kids on the Internet. Determine if they are effective and propose alternative measures.
* Determine whether advertising influences or reflects a society's values. Justify your reasoning.
- Give examples of other Internet alternatives that exist for interpersonal communication.
Examples of other Internet alternatives for interpersonal communication include Skype, instant messaging and text. Apple has made this even easier now for Mac users who can IM on their computer or phone, and use FaceTime to connect with friends and business associates. You can also chat, email, participate in a forum or ask site, blog, or use social networking.
- Determine what marketers can do to increase consumer trust in online sources.
Marketers can increase consumer trust in online sources by giving information regarding scientific source, date information was posted, and links to original sources. They can also give consumers ways to further research topics. Marketers should also give consumers different ways (phone, mail, fax, electronically) to contact them for more information.
- Discuss the typical characteristics of those who are heavy bloggers.
According to research, female neurotic personalities are more likely to blog (Okdie, 2008). In ...
This detailed solution gives examples of how marketers can increase consumer trust in online sources, gives characteristics of heavy bloggers, and gives examples of how advertising affects children's values. It also outlines the current rules used to govern marketing to children on the Internet. The affect of advertising on society's values is described as well. Examples and references are included.