1. Marcello and Litzenberger felt it was important to conduct this study because _________?
(State the relevant background information used to justify their work.)
2. The main purpose of Marcello and Litzenbergerâ??s study was ____________?
(State as accurately as possible the purpose for doing the study.)
3. The key questions Marcello and Litzenberger are addressing are __________?
(Identify the key questions in the mind of the case protagonists.)
1. Marcello and Lizenberger felt it was important to conduct this study because of the resistance to marketing research that they had noticed in prospective client companies, and they felt that it was important for a study of this nature to be used to dispel the notions of critics that this form of research was no longer necessary. In addition, many prospective client companies began to question ...
Comprehensive Marketing Plan and Case Studies
Caninantics is a startup company whose newest invention is its product "Sallone's Universal Dog Food Dispenser." Consider the following questions related to developing a comprehensive marketing plan for Sallone's.
1. Discuss what brand elements would be most useful for differentiating your company's brand from competing brands.
2. In a sentence or two, what is the appropriate positioning for your company's product?
3. What factors will you use to determine your company's strategic group, and what competitive strategy would be most effective as your company introduces this new project?
4. Describe how your company will address the five product levels: core benefit, basic product, expected product, augmented product, and potential product.
5. Discuss the primary pricing objective for your company. What are some of the implications of your pricing decisions?
6. Explain what type of packaging and labeling you will use to support your brand image.Be sure that your ideas support your product and decisions you have made in the past.
Consider the following companies and answer two related questions to each.
1. What does Disney do best to connect with its core consumers?
2. What are the risks and benefits of expanding the Disney brand in new ways?
2) Louis Vuitton
1. How does an exclusive brand such as LV grow and stay fresh while retaining its cachet?
2. Is the counterfeiting of LV always a negative? Are there any circumstances where it can be seen as having some positive aspects?
1. How does The Ritz-Carlton match up to competitive hotels? What are the key differences?
2. Discuss the importance of the "wow stories" in customer service for a luxury hotel like The Ritz-Carlton?