From the two groups of candidates described below, who would you select to be your managers and why?
The Skill Group: Former and current skilled, experienced craftspersons, engineers, planners - employees who have done the service work in the past. However, none have formal leadership education. None are considered to be inspirational leaders.
The Leader Group: Educated and enthusiastic leaders. None have ANY experience in the service group skills.
Remember, you run the organization and will be held accountable. Your customer expects execution of the service and innovation for improvement.
Oh yes - don't forget: About 75% of the craftspersons want their managers to know the business from the ground up. The other 25% are frustrated with lack of innovation and want to see positive changes.
I would like to go with the leader group which is comprised of educated and enthusiastic leaders but lack the skills possessed by service groups. My decision of choosing this group, inspite of the fact that most of the craftspersons want their managers to know the business from ground up and only a small percentage of employees want such enthusiastic leaders, rests on the fact that inspirational leaders ...
From the two groups of candidates described below, the solution determines who to select to be the manager and why.