Leadership definition - What's your definition of leadership?
Leadership model - What elements are essential in good leadership? What are the characteristics of a good leader?
Leadership principles - What are your core leadership principles that is, what have you learned over the course of your life about what it means to be a good leader? What should a leader NOT do?
How do you motivate people?
What are the most common mistakes that you see today's managers make?
Do you believe leaders are "born" or "made"?
Definition of Leadership- Leadership is a process by which a person influences others to accomplish an objective and directs the organization in a way that makes it more cohesive and coherent.
Elements essential in a good leadership-
- Can be trusted with confidential information
- Is honest in dealing with others
- Articulates the vision and makes expectations clear
- Plans in incremental steps to accomplish the vision
- Knows when to delegate and when to take personal responsibility
- Delegates the right job to the right people
Builds Personal Relationships-
- Shows consideration for others' feelings
- Practices "inclusion" rather than "exclusion" thinking in words & actions
Facilitates Team Success-
- Resolves conflicts fairly
- Creates an atmosphere of collaboration rather than competition
- Leads team to formulate goals that complement the organization's mission
The solution defines leadership and the essential elements in good leadership. How to motivate people is also analyzed.