Need some ideas on Leadership and Change at Verizon under CEO McAdam! To what extent do you think the right approach to leadership can help to facilitate large scale organizational change? Focus primarily on the major change that is taking place at Verizon under CEO McAdam.
Some of the issues I need ideas on are: (a) his new vision/goals strategies and how he implements them(think of Wireless); (b) new culture he implements and why (c) culture change; (d) union negotiations; and (e) results of new culture and strategies.
"Verizon Communications Inc., headquartered in New York, is a Dow 30 company employing a diverse workforce of more than 180,000 dedicated employees around the globe." It is one of the leaders in the communication industry.
The change management process "is the sequence of steps or activities that a change management team or project leader would follow to apply change management to a project or change. " Change management process can contain following steps:
1) Identifying the problems/crisis
2) Identifying the important issues, goals of the process including the vision and communicating internally.
3) Organizing the resources to implement the change.
4) Providing the training and inspiring the team.
5) Creating action plan and short term goals.
6) Rewarding and reviewing the process.
712-word look at the nature of organizational change, with particular attention to new vision, goal strategies, new culture implementations, union negotiations and the results. References included.