You have been encouraged by a colleague to write a brief article about "CEOs and presidents" for a management journal. You have decided to compare the leadership styles of three leaders: Andrea Jung, Indra Nooyi, and Brenda Barnes. Using the Library, the Internet, and your course materials, write a document via Word that elaborates on the following:
In your article, provide the following:
- An introduction to the concept of influence processes
- A summary of the various types of influence processes and the factors that can affect them
- An analysis of the processes used by the three leaders: Andrea Jung, Indra Nooyi, and Brenda Barnes. Identify the processes that the leaders and top management team (TMT) are using to impact the organization. Use the table below to organize your answers (you can copy the table from this browser window and paste it into your Word document). Please enter into each cell in the table how that leader is using that particular influence method (if applicable).
Allocation of resources
Selection and promotion of other leaders
- Explain the role of individual differences and traits in leadership.
- Describe the role of relationship development and management in effective leadership and use the concepts in improving leadership effectiveness.
- Analyze the various leader, follower, cultural, and situational characteristics that contribute to leadership.
- Apply critical thinking skills to analyze business situations.
In this paper, we will discuss various influence processes being used by the leaders in order to impact the culture and employees of their organizations. There are basically five types of influence methods, viz. direct decisions, allocation of resources, reward system, selection and promotion of other leaders, and role modeling. In line with this, influence methods used by Andrea Jung, Indra Nooyi, and Brenda Barnes will be described in this paper. The response addresses the queries posted in 1475 words with ten references.