Please help in answering the questions below on leadership theory, with three different resources to support my choices and explanations:
1. Select and identify one leadership theory or style that you believe best aligns with your own thoughts of what leadership means. You will use that theory or style to analyze your strengths and weaknesses.
2. Describe the leadership characteristics you already possess; then describe at least two additional leadership characteristics you would like to develop. Explain how these characteristics will allow you to guide, educate, inform, and influence others to manage change in the field of public service.
3. Explain how your personal and academic experiences will contribute to and guide your development as an effective leader. For example, how will developing academic skills such as evaluating resources and scholarly writing help to strengthen your position of leadership in the field of public service?
4. Describe how you will use your leadership attributes to build and maintain strong relationships with others in the community.
5. Identify the main tenets of ethical behavior for a public service leader and analyze how you will use those tenets to guide your leadership.
6. Explain the importance of diversity and inclusion in the field of public service and analyze how you might incorporate those tenets into your leadership.
7. Summarize how the concepts and information you gained from this course and your own research will guide your continued leadership development.
1. Try and think of leadership theories as bringing forth certain strategic approaches to effectively managing the work team staff of employees within a company. The selected leadership theory is profound for the management team to ensure the perspective in reaching business continuity leading to profitability the strategic approach serves everyone. As competitive business expand into the global marketplace, the need for strategic leadership in the direction leading to global success a certain type of style is required. Thus, the particular leadership theory allows for flexibility in approaches, however, the same characteristics in delivering the type of behavior for performance output from employees, such as;
a. Situational Theories (the strategy approach is to apply a style based on decision making in reaction to certain situations that calls for an approach to reach a resolution, at times, the authoritarian style can render sufficiently if orderly direction is in order for desired results)
b. Relationship Theories (the strategy for utilizing the surrounding work teams and management personnel as a building block for support to outlining new leadership directives for the company, thus, the ...
The solution discusses the application of leadership theory in public service.