For this assignment, research Wal Mart's policy on equal pay for women. Respond to the following questions:
• State the research problem and ensure it is supported by at least 3 to 5 scholarly resources within the past 5 years to ensure relevancy. Also keep in mind that your problem statement should reflect your degree (applied or PhD). How could you use qualitative methodology to address your research problem?
• State the purpose of the research effort. Make sure the purpose is aligned with the problem.
• Draft 2 to 3 research questions that would be appropriate for a qualitative study and addresses your research problem and are aligned with your purpose statement.
• Identify and discuss a design that is associated with qualitative methodology that you would consider to answer your research questions.
• You will find that some problems lend themselves to using one methodology over another. A goal of this assignment was to have you explore how a qualitative methodology might help you address your research questions. Based on your analysis above, do you feel the use of a qualitative methodology and your chosen design is best suited to address your research problem and answer your questions. Why or why not?
Be sure to use scholarly sources to support all assertions and research decisions.
Length: 3-5 pages
Using current APA standards.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com May 21, 2020, 12:12 am ad1c9bdddf
In compliance with BrainMass rules this is not a hand in ready assignment but is only guidance.
Since President Kennedy signed the Equal Pay Act in 1963, there should be equal pay for equal work women in all American organizations (3). There should also be equal pay for women who do the same work as men at Wal-Mart (1). However, women are being paid less than their male counterparts at Wal-Mart (4). It deprives them of remuneration that is rightfully theirs. There is evidence that Wal-Mart is still disallowing women from some jobs and is denying women equal pay for equal work (5).
Purpose of Research:
The purpose of the study is to find out if there is equal pay for women at Wal-Mart (2). The study will identify positions in which women do the same jobs as men but get less than their male counterparts. The study will consider the full range of payments and benefits, including basic pay, non-salary payments, bonuses, and allowances. The legal position is that with Equal Pay Act and Title VII an employer cannot deny women equal pay for equal work, deny women transfers, promotions, or wage increases, manipulate job evaluations to relegate women's pay or intentionally segregate men and women into jobs according to their gender.
Are women paid the same basic pay as their male counterparts for the same jobs at Wal-Mart?
Are women paid the same non-salary payments, bonuses, and allowances as their male counterparts for the same jobs at Wal-Mart?
Are women given the same benefits as their male counterparts for the same jobs at Wal-Mart?
These three research questions are aligned with the purpose statement and address the research problem.
The design is three ...
The answer to this problem explains Walmart's policy on equal pay for women research design. The references related to the answer are also included.