Compare and contrast the ISO 9000 and Malcolm Baldridge standards programs. Locate at least two articles on each. Also, provide a review of a Malcolm Baldrige winner.
response is 752 plus five references© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 4:01 am ad1c9bdddf
ISO 9000 standards
ISO stands for International Organization for Standardization. It has membership of several countries across the world. ISO develops voluntary technical standards which add value to all types of business operations. The ISO 9000 family of standards represents a general consensus on certain accepted quality management practices. It consists of guidelines relating to quality standards and related supporting standards. ISO 9000 certification has been increasingly gaining worldwide recognition. Following are the salient features of ISO 9000 standards:
• These contribute to dissemination of technology and good business practices
• These support development of more efficient, safer, and cleaner products
• These make trade between countries easier by providing a safeguard against falsification
ISO 9000 standards are in general use when an organization wants to implement a quality management system that provides boost to organization's ability to adhere to customer requirements and provide better quality products and services which fulfill customer's needs and expectations. There are five sections in these standards which specify which activities are required to be considered when quality management system is implemented:
• Management responsibility, focus, policy, and objectives
• Resource management
• Product and process management
• Overall requirements for quality management system ...
The expert examines ISO 9000 versus Baldridge Standards.
Riordan supply chain and operational design
Riordan Supply-Chain and Operational Design Analysis Pt.1
• Ch. 9 Quality
• Previous Assignment Information
• Riordan Simulation
• Project Requirements (Dr. Tom)
Writing Tense: 3rd Person (He, She, They, or It)
Writing Style: Expository (Explain, Review, and Describe - Be Objective - Avoid Personal Opinions)
Minimum Word Count for the Assignment: Between 450 - 600 total words
Answer the following discussion points with operational concepts presented within the course material.
• Determine Riordan's manufacturing strategy (Chase, Level, or combination) and explain its benefits.
• Describe how lean production principles may be used to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the supply chain process
• Create an analysis-based process flow diagram for the existing versus the proposed supply-chain and operational processes
Assignment Quality Requirements
• Includes an active attempt to present the information in a clear, and concise manner
• Includes one or more supporting citations for each discussion point. The primary supporting citation must be from the course text, and or, course support documents.
• Includes external support citations from a minimum of two peer-reviewed journal articles less than 5-years old. The supporting article references satisfy the writing requirements for conducting research beyond the course material.
(Basic definitions and concepts not cited from the course text and support materials will result in points deducted from the overall assignment score.)
• Formatted based on the standard APA citation rules
• Submitted through the Plagiarism Checker/Grammarly Tools and demonstrate a reasonable attempt to correct quality issues
• Reviewed and adjusted per writing requirements in the course Instructor