I need help with these questions.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:46 am ad1c9bdddf
1) The third wave of e-commerce is about being mobile. The following technologies are leading businesses into the third wave of electronic commerce:
• Smartphones--smartphones can do more than send and receive messages. They can perform financial transactions, take videos, and browse websites.
• Tablet computers--these are similar to laptop computers, but are smaller and hence more portable. They have bigger screens and keyboards than smartphones. They can perform financial transactions, take videos and browse websites.
• Radio frequency identification (RFI) devices--these are intelligent bar codes that can track products. This helps businesses in managing their supply chain.
• Smart card--this is a plastic card with a built-in microprocessor. It is used for electronic processes such as financial transactions and personal identification. Similar devices can now be implanted under the skin on one's arm.
• Social networking--social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn can be used by businesses to advertise, follow up with customers, or find talented professionals for hire.
2) The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) is responsible for
• managing domain names and coordinating them with the IP address registrars.
• setting standards for router computers that comprise the ...
Answered in 836 words. Twelve sources are cited
Internet Service Providers & Breast Cancer
Please help with the following two statistics problems.
(Complete problems also found in attachment)
1. Two Internet Service Providers (ISP) in Greensboro, NC area compete for customers. In order to select the better provider, we want to test whether there is a difference in the proportion of times a customer is able to access the Internet. We have attempted to connect to the server of the first provider 500 times, and were able to access the Internet on 455 occasions. Then we attempted to make a connection with the second provider, and were able to connect on 344 of 400 trials. At the 0.05 significance level, is there a difference in percentages of success between these two ISPs?
2. Recent medical research demonstrated there is a strong (r=.60) correlation between the excessive weight and incidences of breast cancer. How can we interpret this statement? Can we say that excessive weight is the leading cause of breast cancer? How confident can we be about the strength of the relation between these two variables? Can we conclude that the correlation observed on the sample is also the population correlation coefficient?View Full Posting Details