Reflect upon what strategies human resource professionals in the public sector could undertake to greater diversify the workforce. In particular, you may wish to focus on the following questions:
1)What strategies are currently being used?
2)What strategies are not working, or that need significant reforms?
3)What ways, if any, could human resource professionals reach their target audience in unconventional ways?
4) What steps, if any, could human resource professionals enact to not only recruit diverse workers, but to retain them in the workforce?
The recruitment process that HR professionals follow when seeking to hire outside the company in order to fill a position is basic. First the vacancy is identified. Then the HR professional will develop a job description if there isn't one already, or update the current description if changes need to be made. A recruitment plan will be developed. The recruitment plan will include a number of characteristics that the position candidate is expected to posses. It will also state if the publication will be local or national depending on the level of position that is open. The recruitment plan will have a list of where the job listing will be advertised to attract the candidates. As well as some standards that are necessary to help create a short list for the ...
HR recruiting process and how to diversify.
Questions on the nature of human resource management regarding layoffs, productivity, motivation, social media, recruiting, and diversity. APA formatted references are included. Examples are cited.
1. What are your thoughts on how organizations, and your organization in particular, can use the information in the article on diversity (Attached) to better understand, manage, and leverage diversity to achieve strategic human resource goals.
2. Some believe the HR department exists to further the interests of the employees to management, while others feel it exists primarily to further the interests of the company by giving professional counsel to management. Which position is correct? Why?
3. Most organizations find themselves in a flurry of recruiting activity after determining a need or having a job opening. Others often find that their recruiting efforts are not really recruiting at all but rather sorting resumes. Organizations that recognize the need for change, plan on growth and development, and prepare a strategic recruiting plan seem to be those that are most ready to thrive during times of economic uncertainty. Read the study on strategic recruiting in Ireland (Attached) and provide a critical analysis of the article to include:
a. How does this article compare with your own organizations current strategic recruiting practices
b. Discuss how you might implement the findings of this study into your organizations strategic plan for recruiting individuals.
c. Does the articles conclusions seem sound based on your own experience?
4. If a company needs to layoff because of declining sales, should it layoff personnel based on merited performance or based on seniority? Why? How?
5. Motivation and productivity seem to have a pretty strong relationship. The arguments can go back and forth and whether productivity contributes to motivation or does motivation contribute to productivity? Read the attached article on job satisfaction. What strategic initiatives can your current organization take to improve employee involvement? How would you measure success of such an initiative?
6. Which HR values should be a primary focus in a management training course for supervisors?
7. Research the controversial HR practice of checking a job candidate's social media sites as part of the selection process. Using at least one article, provide a summary.
8. What should be an HR strategy to best motivate employees to performance excellence? Should HR's strategy be the same in a for-profit company as it would be in a not-for-profit organization?
9. Read the article on innovation and strategy (Attached). It discusses several methods and indicators of quality and strategy when linked to strategic human resource management. Answer the following questions:
a. Considering all of your course work, which of the 5 pillars of HR (selection, compensation, training, safety, and EEO) do you think might be most impacted by a quality methodology?
b. What key aspects of this article do you think you can apply most to your current organization?
c. What has changed in our economy that might make this article of limited use?
All of the required articles are attached.View Full Posting Details