Can you help me get started on this assignment?
Organization: Showtime© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 3:18 am ad1c9bdddf
According to Cummings & Worley (2008), organizational design configures the organization's structure, work design, human resource practices, and management and information systems to guide members' behaviors in a strategic direction. According to these authors, this type of intervention typically occurs in response to a major change in the organization's strategy that requires fundamentally new ways for the organization to function and members to behave. Because organizational features significantly affect member behavior, organization design constructs them to fit with each other so they all mutually reinforce the desired behavior in the new strategic direction. According to these authors, this comprehensive intervention contrasts sharply with piecemeal approaches that address the design elements separately and thus risk misaligning them with each other and sending mixed signals about desired behaviors. For example, many organizations have experienced problems implementing team-based structures because their existing information and reward systems emphasize individual-based performance.
According to Cummings & Worley (2008) the key notion in organization is the 'fit' or 'alignment' among the various organizational elements. For example, a systems based model of organizational design involves strategy, structure, work design, human resource practices and management and information systems. For example, according to Cummings & Worley (2008) strategy involves how the organization will use its resources to gain competitive advantage. It may focus, according ...
The purpose of this paper is to do an organizational analysis, involving its structure, work design, human resource practices, management, and information systems, in effect the elements of an organization; and how to find the best fit or alignment, in terms of competitive innovation and/or competitive advantage over one's competition.
Fortune 500 Research
Hello: I am looking for your guidance with the following:
. Fortune 500 Research Outline
pick a fortune 500 company and prepare a one-to-two page detailed outline. In your outline be sure to include information on the following topics:
1. What forecasting technique(s) does this company use?
2. How does your selected organization prepare budgets?
3. What MRP concepts do you see with regard to your organization?
Planning and controlling the supply chain
a. Utilize your outline,as a basis:
b. Prepare a 1,400-1,750-word paper in which you:
1) Differentiate at least two-to-three key elements for each of the four primary forecasting techniques and how they apply to your chosen organization.
2) Analyze the impact of production plans, master production schedules, rough cut capacity planning, workforce size, and carrying inventory as they relate to budgets for your chosen organization.
3) Depending on whether the organization you selected is a manufacturing or service organization, compare and contrast how MRP usage would be different for this organization and one of the opposite type of organization.
4) Compare and contrast the use of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system concepts for your chosen organization.
Site all references used for the paper.
Thank you in advance.View Full Posting Details