I am writing a business case for my company. But first I need information on the following items:
I need a brief overview on each of these models and what they offer. Clearly identify the strengths and weaknesses of each model. Please cite all references.
1. 7S Model
2. Congruence Model
3. Burke-Litwin Model
4. Sharp-image diagnosis model
5. Tichy's Technical Political Cultural Framework
6. Weisbord's Six-Box Model
7. Likert System Analysis Model
In compliance with BrainMass rules this is not a hand in ready assignment but is only guidance.
1. The 7S Model is based on the theory that for an organization to perform well, the 7 elements need to be aligned and mutually reinforcing. it can be used to identify the prerequisites for an improved performance & to maintain alignment during organizational change. The 7 elements are strategy, structure, systems, shared values, skills, styles, and staff. The strengths of this model are that it examines the future effects of change in a company, it aligns groups & processes when there is acquisition, and it helps identify how best to implement strategy. This model helps improve performance (1). The weaknesses of this model are that the external environment is not mentioned. The other weakness is that performance is not given importance in the model.
2. The congruence model is developed by Nadler & Tushman. This model views organizations as interacting components that exist in relative harmony or fit with one another. The four components are individuals, tasks, formal processes, and informal processes. There has to be a transformation between inputs and outputs, The inputs are the external environment, resources, organizational culture, & strategic decisions. The outputs are products, services, and overall performance of the organization. The strengths of this model are it provides a rigorous framework for analysis, does not restrict managers, and is flexible. This model also encourages firms to think through the impact of change. The weakness of this model is that its application can be time consuming and ...
The answer to this problem explains seven organizational development models . The references related to the answer are also included.