I need help with analyzing GE's 360 degree appraisals; then answering these questions!
Describe how you will precede case questions begin by analyzing the possible advantages and disadvantages of using 360 - degree appraisals in this plant.
Then indicate the decisions you would make regarding each of the following questions:
1. Will you use one set of performance dimensions for everyone, or will people in different jobs be evaluated on different dimensions? Explain your logic?
2. How will you determine the specific content of the 360 degree appraisal form?
3. What type of rating format will be used to make the appraisal rating?
4. For the members of the nine production teams, who will provide performance assessment: All members of the team? Members of other team? Will Sims evaluations for all employees.
5. How will the feedback be answered?
6. What plant is operation well right now? What steps will you take to ensure that this new activity doesn't reduce the plants productivity?
7. Are there any other advantages or disadvantages to this appraisal?
1000 words/ 3-4 pages w/references.
Analyze possible advantages and disadvantages of using 360 - degree appraisals in this plant.
Unlike traditional appraisal where an employee receives feedback from his or her direct reporting manager, in 360 degree appraisal employee receives feedback from supervisor, peers, staff members, customers and co-workers. It is a comprehensive assessment tool that is used by organizations to capture overall performance of employee from perspective of all those who observe and are affected by his or her performance.
Advantages of 360 degree appraisal
• Mixed perspectives from different stakeholders provide more comprehensive view of employee's performance
• Appraisal is more credible with 360 degree feedback
• There is more accurate assessment and more credibility in appraisal
• Improves team work as there is better communication across different people
Disadvantages of 360 degree appraisal
• Administration of 360 degree appraisal is time consuming and complex
• Not easy to implement, requires training
• Needs training and additional effort to get desired results
• Managing such large information can be quite challenging and can lead to suspicion if it is not managed openly and honestly
Will you use one set of performance dimensions for everyone, or will people in different jobs be evaluated on different dimensions? Explain your logic?
People will be evaluated on different dimensions depending on the job performed by them. Appraisal seeks to collect responses for items falling under a specific dimension of job performance. 360 degree appraisal measures responses to questions based on one ...
Implementation of 360 degree feedback system for GE plant at Durham, North Carolina is examined. The advantages and disadvantages are determined in the solution.