What do you need to consider from a political and legal standpoint before hiring new employees from a foreign country?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 5, 2021, 12:05 am ad1c9bdddf
Before a non-citizen can be employed in the US, they must supply documentation that shows support of their ability to work in the United States. According to US customs and Immigration, the following is a list of acceptable employment documents:
- U.S. citizens can meet this requirement by showing proof of their United States citizenship and a valid identity document.
- Permanent Residents can meet this requirement by showing their permanent resident card.
- Refugees can meet this requirement for initial employment by showing their Form I-94 and an identity document but will need to follow up with other documentation.
- Asylees (persons granted asylum in the U.S.) can meet this requirement by presenting an unrestricted social security card and an identity document.
- Certain non-immigrant visa holders who are eligible to work based upon employment with a specific employer can show their Form I-94 ...
What do you need to consider from a political and legal standpoint before hiring new employees from a foreign country?