Ethics in business relationships include both the external and internal relationships that develop around the organization.
For this assignment, we will focus on the internal relationships that develop inside the organization. Studies have
indicated the more positive the environment within the organization, the more productive the employees.
Research one or a combination of these job-related topics found within organizations: job discrimination, reverse
discrimination, sexual harassment, bullying, and/or unsafe working conditions. Your essay should address the following:
1. Briefly describe the issue.
2. Explain the significance of any ethics-based decision your research finds and the affect it had or has on overall
morale, relationships within the organization, and ultimately overall productivity levels.
3. Research a minimum of one company involved in this type of issue.
4. What best practices might a company implement to avoid negative behavior within their organization?
It must be a minimum of two double-spaced pages. You are required to use at least two credible references.
Select a significant tragic event (either domestic or global) that has occurred over the last 50 years. The interactive
presentation in this unit provides some ideas of historical tragic events, but understand that these are just ideas. After
describing the event and the post-tragedy events, discuss the ethical aspects revolving around this incident.
1. Describe the actions of people and organizational leaders directly and indirectly involved with the tragedy.
Specifically, address the ethical issues they faced.
2. What were some of the actions of local, state, and federal personnel with respect to dealing with this tragedy?
3. Explain the strategies of organizations that attempted to assist with the clean-up after the tragic event. Describe
several of the pressures that influenced their strategies. Distinguish between social responsibility, integrity, and
simple business ethics.
4. How has this event affected the ethical culture here in the United States? What other effect has it had on society
as a whole?
5. What other lessons might we learn from this event in the future?
You are required to use at least one scholarly source in your response.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 8:30 am ad1c9bdddf
1. Briefly describe the issue.
Bullying within the workplace is a serious issue that according to experts within the field, impacts over 70% of employees either directly or indirectly. Bullying is more prevalent than sexual harassment and discrimination but is more subtle and victims are more reluctant to speak out because of the subtle forms of bullying that can occur. Nevertheless, bullying in the workplace is a significant issue that impacts employee morale, contributes to higher rates of employee turnover, and results in lower productivity from employees. Bullying can and does create a toxic work environment that results in negative consequences for the organization. Because of the prevalence of bullying in the workplace, more research should be conducted to understand how it impacts organizations.
2. Explain the significance of any ethics-based decision your research finds and the affect it had or has on overall morale, relationships within the organization, and ultimately overall productivity levels.
The significance of ethics-based research regarding bullying is that it assists in identifying the common behaviors that characterize bullying, which could prevent future bullying from occurring. The research is also capable of identifying the most effective evidence-based research practices to combat bullying within the workplace as it is imperative for bullying to be prevented before it becomes too toxic for the organizational culture. No employee should be subjected to bullying by any person who works for the organization, and research on the topic can assist in helping organizations' develop the necessary policies and organizational culture that will prevent bullying. All companies need to address this issue as research has shown that it has a high ...
The ethics in business relationships included in both the external and internal relationships that develop around the organization. The significance of tragic events is determined.