Describe the supply chain for the business area selected when in a "brick and mortar" environment. Explain how the supply chain was modified from the "brick and mortar" by the three Web sites.
The three companies are eBay, Amazon, and Barnes and Noble.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 3, 2020, 7:56 pm ad1c9bdddf
Describe the supply chain for the business area selected when in a "brick and mortar" environment.
1. Customer and service management was done manually and under the supervision of the service manager.
2. Trading was highly competitive in nature and there was a concern that the buyer may attempt to eliminate the intermediary.
3. The supply chain was retailer centric. The manufacturers actually paid money to have their products displayed in stores.
4. Sales force was person based and focused on face to face contact.
5. Bill preparation was paper based and was physically conveyed to the customer.
6. The suppliers were kept ...
This posting discusses the supply chain in a 'brick and mortar' organization and the change from 'brick and mortar' to 'online' distribution.