Caninantics is a startup company whose newest invention is its product "Sallone's Universal Dog Food Dispenser." Consider the following questions related to developing a comprehensive marketing plan for Sallone's.
1. Discuss what brand elements would be most useful for differentiating your company's brand from competing brands.
2. In a sentence or two, what is the appropriate positioning for your company's product?
3. What factors will you use to determine your company's strategic group, and what competitive strategy would be most effective as your company introduces this new project?
4. Describe how your company will address the five product levels: core benefit, basic product, expected product, augmented product, and potential product.
5. Discuss the primary pricing objective for your company. What are some of the implications of your pricing decisions?
6. Explain what type of packaging and labeling you will use to support your brand image.Be sure that your ideas support your product and decisions you have made in the past.
Consider the following companies and answer two related questions to each.
1. What does Disney do best to connect with its core consumers?
2. What are the risks and benefits of expanding the Disney brand in new ways?
2) Louis Vuitton
1. How does an exclusive brand such as LV grow and stay fresh while retaining its cachet?
2. Is the counterfeiting of LV always a negative? Are there any circumstances where it can be seen as having some positive aspects?
1. How does The Ritz-Carlton match up to competitive hotels? What are the key differences?
2. Discuss the importance of the "wow stories" in customer service for a luxury hotel like The Ritz-Carlton?
Comprehensive Marketing Plan Example Questions
1. For Sallone's, it will be important to focus on what we can do better than any of our competitors, especially being new to the market. We will focus on what resonates with our customers and build our marketing plan around the brand elements that will resonate with consumers as being unique qualities that only we offer. Having a strong focus around features that are the most useful and noticeable by consumers and makes their buying decision easier will be our goal (Rowley, 2012).
Our 3 top branding elements for differentiating us will be:
a) Low Prices: We will use our superior engineering and streamlined manufacturing processes to enable us to market our products with superior quality and lower prices than our competitors. Research shows that a simple .01cent difference between products can give you a competitive advantage by being able to market yourself as the "lowest cost brand" (Rowley, 2012).
b) Exceptional Customer Service: Sallone's will use the competitor's research data to determine where they have struggled or succeeded in customer service and then focus our efforts on being better in all customer service related categories across the board. The goal of Sallone's will be to quickly build a strong reputation for having "outstanding" customer service that is backed up by our commitment and actions to the customer's needs (Rowley, 2012).
c) Best Product Offering- Sallone's will carefully design each of our products to capture originality and uniqueness into each product that makes our products different than anything our competition is offering. Research shows that customers appreciate verity in their options and Sallone's will aim to capitalize on this as we bring our products to the market (Rowley, 2012).
2. After conducting market segmentation and defining our target markets, we will focus on our products attributes and use the data collected from our research to help us ...
This case study in marketing research answers multiple questions in APA format in regards to important marketing elements such as brand differentiation, product positioning, what are the five product levels, pricing objectives, and packaging and labeling of products for success.