The requirements of the project are:
- An introduction about the brand (Apple) for example history, brand marketing techniques, consumers' online reviews about the brand, why is Apple a top 100 global brand.
- Explain what are brand equity, brand associations, and their dimensions, using theories and references of brand marketing, having 'some' explanations using APPLE as a company (Quoting authors in the field of study of brand marketing).
- List 25 brand associations of Apple.
- Create a brand association map (consensus brand map) of Apple using the 25 brand associations (self-projecting the strengths of the different associations).© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 10:02 am ad1c9bdddf
In accordance with BrainMass standards this is not a hand in ready assignment but only background help.
The brand Apple was set up in 1976 by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne. It was an Apple I personal computer kit. Apple was incorporated in 1977. After this, Apple II was introduced during the same year. In 1980 Apple went public at $22 per share. Macintosh was the next success story of Apple. During the years 2007 and 2012 there was tremendous success by Apple from its mobile devices. Some of the most popular products recently launched by Apple include the iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, OS X, iWork, and iOS. Apple is an emotional brand. It is loved by its customers all over the world. Apple incorporates exceptional imagination, design, and innovation. Apple has used global leaders such as Cesar Chavez, Gandhi and the Dalai Lama to persuade people that Macintosh might allow them to "Think Different". Apple is adored by its consumers because of its focus on innovation. Moreover, there is a combination of financial value and positive customer sentiment that Apple enjoys. As a brand Apple has been successful because it sets the pace, addresses the needs of customers, and redefines categories. One of the key marketing tools that Apple has used for building its brand image is its product launches. Currently, Apple's yearly launch of iPhones has become an anticipated event.
Brand Equity describes the value of having a well known brand name (a). According to the New York Times in 2013 the value of the Apple brand was worth 87.1 billion. Companies create brand equity for their products by making brands more memorable, easily recognizable, and superior in quality and reliability. According to the theories of brand marketing, brand equity is an important part of building business and companies that successfully build one understand how important it is to their profitability. However, it takes time, patience, and marketing to build a positive brand equity. ...
This solution explains brand marketing of Apple Inc. The sources used are also included in the solution.
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT & SWOT ANALYSIS
1. Briefly describe the branding and positioning strategies of Apple and Philips.
2. Do they build brand loyalty? If so, what emotions are involved?
3. How would you describe the brand personalities of Apple and Philips? Explain why you believe the personality represents each brand.
4. What are the similarities between the two branding efforts?
5. What are the differences?
6. If you are a brand manager, what can you learn from these two cases?