1) To what kingdom would a single-celled, nucleated, photosynthetic organism belong?
2) What clues indicate that dogs are more closely related to cats than to lizards?
3) What features are common and distinct between plants and fungi?
4) What was the important scientific contribution of Carl Linnaeus?
5) What are Byrophytes?
6) Briefly explain the function of xylem and phloem.
7) What are the unique characteristics of Aves species?
8) In higher animals, what systems are responsible for homeostasis?
Provide a short but thorough answer to each question.
1. To answer this question, take a look at dinoflagellates. Amoeba would be an example that is non-photosynthetic.
2. For this question you need to think about the various animal groups (mammal, reptile, amphibian, bird, fish) and what sets them apart from one another. What covers the animals epidermis (skin, feathers, scales, etc.)? Does the animal have live birth of offspring or do they lay and hatch eggs? Are they cold blooded or warm blooded? How do they feed their young?
3. To answer this ...
This solution does not give direct answers to the questions, but provides explanations and suggestions to help the student discover the answer. An example is also provided about homeostasis.