Discuss the applications of microbiology that directly benefit mankind. how would your current life style be affected if the application were no longer available? Consider issue of food spoilage, food production, or prevention of food borne illnesses.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:13 am ad1c9bdddf
The applications of microbiology that directly benefit mankind are tremendously important in many ways. First, microorganisms are used to increase the organic matter supply of nitrogen to the nitrogen-depleted soils. Soils that are nitrogen rich are rich in nutrients for crops to grow and utilized as food. The legumes are well nodulatd with the symbiotic nitrogen fixing bacteria that fixed atmospheric nitrogen into organic matter. Since plant cannot used atmospheric nitrogen directly, the legumes require the help of the nitrogen fixing bacteria called Rhizobium to fix ...
The applications of microbiology that directly benefit mankind are tremendously important in many ways. First, microorganisms are used to increase the organic matter supply of nitrogen to the nitrogen-depleted soils. Second, microorganisms are used to provide nutrients in food for human. Third, microorganisms are used to produce medicines for human health. Without microorganisms, mankind would not be better off now.
Study questions: viruses, bacteria, diseases, etc.
41. Describe general characteristics of picornaviruses.
42. Define plaque, lawn of bacteria.
43. Define normal and transient microbiota.
44. Compare commensalism, mutualism, symbiosis, and parasitism, and give an example of each.
45. List Koch's postulates and the exceptions.
46. Categorize diseases according to frequency of occurrence.
47. Identify the principal portals of entry, know which is the preferred.
48. Differentiate sign, symptoms, and syndrome.
49. Describe the primary characteristics of microbial antagonism.
50. Define, and give examples of, zoonosis.