All of the body systems are important to keep us functioning, and they all work together to do that. Without oxygen, we would quickly die. The respiratory system is especially important in its role to
Please describe an overview of the key anatomical parts of the respiratory system and how it works.
Please to describe possible diagnostic or surgical procedures associated with the respiratory system that are not mentioned in the Q&A section of this unit.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 11:19 pm ad1c9bdddf
Key Anatomical Parts
-upper airways-mouth, nose, throat: help clean, warm, and moisturize air as it comes into the lungs
-airways-bronchioles: conduct air into the alveoli
-alveoli: exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide with blood
-blood: carries oxygen and carbon dioxide
-pleura: outer part of the lung that is held to the chest wall by suction
-diaphragm: major muscle that moves the lungs to move air in and ...
This solution outlines the basic anatomy of the respiratory system. It also gives several commonly used tests and procedures that clinicians use to assess the respiratory system.
Biological Influences of Psychology
In order to better understand how preschool children learn from their play activities, you have advised the Product Development department to study the biological influences of psychology. See the scenario for the specifics of your role.
Develop a short presentation describing the biological influences of psychology. In your presentation you may include elements such as:
1. Functions of the various systems and the divisions of the nervous system.
2. The importance of understanding the biological influences of psychology. Detail what these influences are.
3. The importance that biological factors play in bodily appetites.
4. Similarities and differences in the functions of the spinal cord and the brain.
5. Major areas of the brain and the function of each area. How prescription medicines are designed to positively affect brain function.
6. The way hormones affect our behavior.