Assess the use of qualitative data to support business decision making. Consider different types of qualitative data collection and analysis methods and the ways in which they can support business decision making and strategies.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 11:45 am ad1c9bdddf
Qualitative Data Analysis is,
1. Deals with descriptions.
2. Data can be observed but not measured.
3. Colours, textures, smells, tastes, appearance, beauty, etc.
4. Deals with Qualitative → Quality
in contrast to quantitative data analysis
1. Deals with numbers.
2. Data which can be measured.
3. Length, height, area, volume, weight, speed, time, temperature, humidity, sound levels, cost, members, ages, etc.
4. Quantitative → Quantity
Qualitative Data Analysis techniques,
1. Documentation of the data and the process of data collection
2. Organization/categorization of the data into concepts
3. Connection of the data to show how one concept may influence another.
4. Corroboration/legitimization, by evaluating alternative explanations, disconfirming evidence, and searching for negative cases
5. Representing the account (reporting the findings)
The documentation in the qualitative study comprises mostly notes ...
Qualitative data to support business decision making are considered. The different types of qualitative data collections and analysis methods are given.
Qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods research studies
Assignment: Annotated Bibliography
An annotated bibliography is a document containing selected sources accompanied by a respective annotation. Each annotation consists of a summary, analysis, and application for the purpose of conveying the relevance and value of the selected source. As such, annotations demonstrate a writer's critical thinking about and authority on the topic represented in the sources.
In preparation for your own future research, an annotated bibliography provides a background for understanding a portion of the existing literature on a particular topic. It is also a useful precursor for gathering sources in preparation for writing a subsequent literature review.
By Day 7
•Locate six articles on a research topic of your interest—two quantitative research articles, two qualitative research articles, and two mixed methods research articles—published in peer-reviewed journals.
•Prepare an annotated bibliography that includes the following: •A one-paragraph introduction that provides context for why you selected the research articles you did.
•A reference list entry in APA Style for each of the six articles that follows proper formatting. Follow each reference list entry with a three-paragraph annotation that includes: •A summary
•An application as illustrated in this example
•A one-paragraph conclusion that presents a synthesis of the six articles.
•Format your annotated bibliography in Times New Roman, 12-point font, double-spaced. A separate References list page is not needed for this assignment.
Submit your Annotated Bibliography.View Full Posting Details