In the following study, participants were randomly assigned to receive humanistic therapy, psychodynamic therapy, or behavioral therapy for their depression. Six months after therapy ended, participants levels of depression were rated on a Likert scale from 1 not all depressed to 15 extremely depressed. What can you tell me about this need help in this chart? Please see attachment.
1. See Table
2. This study is an independent groups design. How do you know?
3. How could you change this experiment to be a repeated measures design?
4. How could you change this experiment to be a matched sets design?
5. Is this a true experiment or an ex post facto study? How do you know?
6. What is the independent variable in this study?
7. What is the dependent variable in this study?
8. What is the scale of measurement for the dependent variable?
9. What kind of statistical analysis was conducted?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 10:14 pm ad1c9bdddf
Interesting experiment! Briefly, I have provided a step-by-step guide through the ...
By responding to the questions, this solution provides a step-by-step guide referring to the 'highlighted' information in the table to help understand where to locate and interpret the information in the table. It also discusses the experimental topics in the questions e..g how to change the experiment to a repeated measures design, etc.
Descriptive Stats-additions, corrections, additions
Here is the part I need your help, and I will also add the feedback below.
1) Compute the high scores on the RCMAS that would correspond to an extremely low score.
2) Demonstrate a conceptual understanding of z-scores in a write up.
3) Calculate the high and low score values
**Include an interpretation of results within the write up.
Assignment 2: Final Project
Make necessary corrections to your work on the final project for the first three weeks based on your facilitator's feedback and write: (See above)
A comprehensive paragraph describing the participants in the study.
A paragraph describing the major dependent variable of interest.
Save the SPSS data file.
Name your file: SU_PSY2008_W4_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.sav.
Write your paragraph in a Microsoft Word document.
Name your document: SU_PSY2008_W4_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
**only two docs are needed..............
I believe most of the info is allready in the docs, mainly need the write ups and interpretations....I think. Double check for me, please (and thank you!). If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to send me a note and I will be sticking close to the computer! The files are attached. Thanks,
MView Full Posting Details