Choose a specific population (Adolescents) and either an addictive behavior (drug-related or other addictive behavior) or an eating disturbance (anorexia, bulimia, obesity, overeating, or body dysmorphia) for this assignment.
Format 6 10 2013
The goal of the assignment is to create a written proposal that describes a new strategy or model for use with a specific population. The purpose is to develop a new type of strategy or model.
- The format of this assignment will be a Microsoft Word document that includes the required information described below. PowerPoint or other formats are not acceptable for this assignment.
- APA guidelines must be followed for this assignment (12-point font, double spaced, appropriate headings, title page, table of contents, reference page).
- Choose a specific population (Adolescents) and either an addictive behavior (drug-related or other addictive behavior) or an eating disturbance (anorexia, bulimia, obesity, overeating, or body dysmorphia) for this assignment.
- Design a new prevention strategy or information and advocacy model created for your chosen addictive behavior or eating disturbance. This strategy or model must do the following:
1. Be supported or grounded in research-based best practices.
2. Address the psychological, physical, social, and ethnic or cultural factors of addictive behaviors or eating disturbances.
3. Address the legal and ethical considerations that apply to addictive behaviors or eating disturbances.
- Population and Behavior or Disturbance (1 page):
- Provide a description of the intended population and a description of the chosen addictive behavior or eating disturbance.
- Prevention Strategy or Information and Advocacy Model (7 pages total): ◦Describe, in detail, a new proposed prevention strategy or information and advocacy model geared toward the population you chose for this assignment. Use the following outline to explain your strategy or model (each of these numbered items must have an accompanying section or heading in your assignment):
- Title your strategy or model.
- A description of the major components of your strategy or model (2 pages).
- Rationale for model selection (1-2 pages). 1.Explain how your strategy or model correctly addresses the chosen behavior or disturbance.
- Intended Population Benefits (1-2 pages). 1.Theorize how your intended population will benefit by the model.
- Resources (2 pages). 1.What resources are needed to implement the strategy or model such as staff, location, financial support, time, et cetera.
Be sure your strategy or model is grounded in research-based best practices. Be sure the components of this strategy or model are a product of the knowledge you gained about the strengths and weaknesses of strategies or models in this area during the course. A total of seven pages is required for this section.
- Strategy or Model Strengths (1 and one-half pages): ◦Provide a description of at least three strengths of your strategy or model.
- Strategy or Model Weaknesses (1 and one-half pages): ◦Provide a description of at least three weaknesses of your strategy or model.
Hi and thank you for using Brainmass. In this particular task you are being asked to propose a model. I cannot complete the task for you but I can show you how it can be done. Your professor has already provided you with a list of requirements and rules on presentation. I will help you in the meantime develop a model. You can concentrate on something simple and familiar. I suggest this simple outline:
1. The issue and population - 200 words
2. Prevention strategy & model:
a. rationale - 150 words
b. theoretical source - 150 words
c. breakdown of strategy/ components - 150 words
d. Overview of proposed model & benefits - 150 words
e. application - 150 words
3. Resources & other important elements - 200 words
This outline should yield around 1,150 words which should cover what you need. Here, I give you information on each section to get you started You can expand it further by increasing word-count and adding more citations. Just let me know if you need further clarification. All the best with your studies.
AE 105878/Xenia Jones
Intervention Model Proposal: Managing Overeating
Overeating is the phenomenon of consuming food beyond what the body needs. eating in excess. Our body needs food as fuel so that we can function according to the mechanisms of our biology. It is when we overeat that we gain excess weight which, if not utilized by the body through activities like exercise and managed by correcting eating practices - can lead to obesity. Some people overeat for the pleasure of eating while others compulsively overeat as a psychological reaction to compensate for the need to find pleasure or happiness. While occasional overeating is not necessarily a problem - as one does over Christmas dinners or birthday parties - regular overeating is symptomatic of binge eating disorder or bulimia. Eating in excess becomes a comfort-act especially when faced with stressful situations and emotional turmoil.
Among children, overeating can ...
The solution provides information, assistance and advise in tacking the task (see above) on the topic of putting together an intervention model proposal on the problem of overeating. An outline is suggested and resources are listed for further exploration of the topic.