Looking at information regarding eating disturbances (anorexia, bulimia, obesity, overeating, body dysmorphia, body image distortions), develop a media campaign proposal designed to change the current negative media and advertising initiatives.
Develop a plan to convince a media corporation to change its advertising initiatives using relevant theoretical models that explain the causes of eating disturbances as a foundation for a proposed media change.
- Eating Disturbances: Provide an overview of the major characteristics of each eating disturbance (anorexia, bulimia, obesity, overeating, and body dysmorphia).
- Theoretical Models: Describe in detail the two major theoretical models that explain the causes of eating disturbances.
- Analysis of Current Media Initiatives: Provide a detailed analysis of the current media initiatives that exist in our society that could influence the occurrence of eating disturbances. Describe specific television, movie, magazine, music, Internet, and any other media examples that provide evidence of negative images or information that may contribute to eating disturbances. Choose three different media outlets for this section and discuss them separately (television, movies, Internet, magazines, and so on).
- Change Campaign: Based upon knowledge of eating disturbances, the theoretical models that underlie their occurrence, and the media analysis, develop a detailed proposal that describes how your three chosen media outlets can change their current marketing initiatives. In your description, be sure to detail why these outlets should change, how they should change, and what new initiatives might look like. Provide specific examples of what kinds of changes need to be made to current media initiatives.
Hi and thank you for using Brainmass. The solution below should get you started. I suggest using this simple outline to complete your task:
1. Eating Disturbance (I suggest Anorexia)
a. About Anorexia - 100 words
b. Impact on the body - 150 words
c. Anorexia & the Media - 100 words
2. Theoretical Models
a. Learning Theory (use ...
The solution provides information, assistance and advise in tacking the task (see above) on the topic of Developing a Media Campaign to Change Negative Media on Anorexia. An outline is suggested and resources are listed for further exploration of the topic.
Campaigning for a Group: Anorexia Nervosa
Choose a type of group in which you are interested and create a group proposal. What type of advertising would you need to do? How would you announce the group and recruit for members? Submit your proposal and a brief marketing planView Full Posting Details