Please help me with this question:
Provide a brief description of a movement/policy/program, and indicate whether the program is supported by research. Describe changes that you would make to the program to increase effectiveness.
I need to put together a paper and research on this topic.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 9:59 am ad1c9bdddf
Hi and thank you for using Brainmass. The solution below should get you started. In this particular problem, I am assuming that you are being asked to elaborate on a psychology/research-based social policy program; after all, you are studying social psychology. This means we have to choose a particular program that is applicable and elaborate in it. There are a host you can choose from - organizational psychology to applied psychology in issues with justice and criminology - all of them indicate specific issues that, when resolved, can lead to social change. What you choose is really up to you. All that you need is to exemplify a program that fits the bill. Whatever you choose, you should utilize an outline. I suggest this:
1. The social issue you have in mind
2. The matching social policy
3. The research it is based on
4. A short review of the program
5. Recommendations you want to make to boost effectiveness
You can use the resources I have listed below to expand on the information provided here. Comments and feedback are appreciated so that the solution can be further improved to keep relevance with student requirements. Good luck with your studies.
AE 105878/Xenia Jones
Social Issue for Social Change
Society is beset with a host of problems and issues that continually challenge peace, order and development, risks that with the utilization of the latest research can be provided working solutions. Social psychology is an interdisciplinary area of study that infuses research and established knowledge in sociology and psychology to explain real-life human behavior and its relationship to the 'inner man' - our mental states. While human thoughts, feelings and perspectives are innate and unique, as social creatures we are prone to influence and be influenced by others, which explains the phenomenon of socialization and internationalization of beliefs. In this particular discussion, I would like to highlight the issue of the psychological effects that child labour and abuse has on children and the universal UN social policy that aims to institute social change in this aspect.
The UN has established the first ...
The solution provides information, assistance and advice in putting together a paper that presents a social issue. Policies and research related to resolving the presented issue is included and exemplified further through the presentation of a relevant program that takes these into consideration to tackle the social issue. Resources are listed for further exploration of the topic.
Conceptual issues in Social Psychology
1. Can attitudes predict behavior?
2. Should attitudes be studied experimentally? Illustrate your answer with example.
3. Describe define, and evaluate some of the key theories of the self that have emerge in psychology?
4. Recent theoretical developments in critical psychology have rendered the concept of the self obsolete. Discuss.
5. What are the assumptions underlying the discipline of psychology?
6. Pinker (2002) has argued that the standard social science model fails. evaluate his argument using examples from across the curriculum.
7. Design a psychology degree and justify your decisions.
8. Social policy assumes a theory of human nature. Discuss.
9. Dennett (1984) questions why we want free will . Is this a legitimate question?View Full Posting Details