How does teaching of psychology relate to social change beyond the individual student level, and what are some examples that illustrate the relationship between social change and teaching?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 12:31 pm ad1c9bdddf
Teachings of psychology impacts social change in many ways.
i)Psychology not only studies the nature of the individual human being but also the nature of the human beings in groups or social settings. Students often learn about how the individual person will behave in circumstances and learn to modify these behaviors.
ii)When we broaden the scope to how individual behavior changes and can impact the larger social group, psychologists and its students can encourage social changes. Thus, the relationship between social change and psychological teachings is a positive relationship, one that seeks to impact society through ...
Explanation of how the study of psychology impacts social change
Conceptual issues in Social Psychology
1. Can attitudes predict behavior?
2. Should attitudes be studied experimentally? Illustrate your answer with example.
3. Describe define, and evaluate some of the key theories of the self that have emerge in psychology?
4. Recent theoretical developments in critical psychology have rendered the concept of the self obsolete. Discuss.
5. What are the assumptions underlying the discipline of psychology?
6. Pinker (2002) has argued that the standard social science model fails. evaluate his argument using examples from across the curriculum.
7. Design a psychology degree and justify your decisions.
8. Social policy assumes a theory of human nature. Discuss.
9. Dennett (1984) questions why we want free will . Is this a legitimate question?View Full Posting Details