- Can you summarize the three family systems approaches (structural, strategic, and systemic)?
- Identify the following key elements embodied in the methods you summarized, with an emphasis on the multicultural factors:
- Boundaries: What are they, and why are they important when using a family systems approach?
- Symptom maintenance: What is symptom maintenance, and why is it important to family systems therapy?
- Attribution of meaning: What is meant by attributing meaning to a child's or an adolescent's behavior?
- Family rules: How would you define this, and why is it important when working with children and adolescents?
This solution provides a summary of three Family System approaches
Communicating With a Client's Support System
Can you reflect on communication you have had with a family member or spouse of a client. If you have not had communication with a family member or spouse, reflect on a consultation you have had regarding a client with another mental health counseling professional.
Can you assess whether you took into consideration the scope and limitations of confidentiality (providing information on a need-to-know basis only) and if your language was appropriate for the family member or spouse.
Can you discuss some of the consequences of not considering these two factors in your clinical work. Please support your discussion with reference to specific ACA and/or AMHCA ethical standards and professional literature.
Can you provide other theoretical, empirical, or professional literature to support your views and writings. Reference your sources using standard APA guidelines.View Full Posting Details