- Can you summarize the three family systems approaches (structural, strategic, and systemic)?
- Identify the following key elements embodied in the methods you summarized, with an emphasis on the multicultural factors:
- Boundaries: What are they, and why are they important when using a family systems approach?
- Symptom maintenance: What is symptom maintenance, and why is it important to family systems therapy?
- Attribution of meaning: What is meant by attributing meaning to a child's or an adolescent's behavior?
- Family rules: How would you define this, and why is it important when working with children and adolescents?
This solution provides a summary of three Family System approaches