Listen to the Leadership in a (permanent) Crisis podcast by Harvard Business Idea Case. This is the link to the Leadership in Crisis podcast: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505125_162-28042714/leadership-in-a-permanent-crisis--hbr-ideacast/
Think about a recent crisis. Here are some examples:
- BP oil spill in the gulf
- Toyota's quality and safety concerns
- The decline and fall of large financial institutions
- The H1N1 (swine flu) scare
- The 2009 shooting rampage at Fort Hood Army base.
1). Discuss how you think leaders handled the crisis in terms of communication.
2). What techniques were effective and why?
3). What techniques did not work well and why?
Use at least one scholarly resource to support your claims and sub-claims. In addition provide examples© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 8:12 am ad1c9bdddf
1) I think that leaders handled the H1N1 one swine flu scare crisis very well in terms of communication, largely due to the fact that the public was made very much aware of the threat posed by this disease, as well as its projected potential to spread. One of the primary reasons that communications was utilized effectively in this instance is due to the fact that media coverage of the first instances of the swine flu's occurrence was reported to the public all over the world. There was consistent coverage of the new cases of this flu and where they were originating. In addition, it appears that there was good coordination and ...
What are intersections of Drucker's theory of effective decision making and the Lussier/Achua discussion of charismatic, transformational and transactional leadership? Provide examples of generic vs. exceptional organizational issues.
Give a recent example of organizational crisis in the news. Analyze the reactions and crisis leadership.
Provide a power-point presentation on the six forces of leadrship.
1. What do you see as the intersections of Drucker's discussion on effective decision making and the Lussier/Achua discussion of charismatic, transformational and transactional leaders Where do they agree and disagree
2. Using Drucker's discussion of generic vs. exceptional issues, how would you categorize/analyze the Katrina disaster and/or the events of 9-11?
3. Think about an organizational crisis that has recently made the news. Analyze the organizational reactions and crisis leadership in relation to the guidelines given in our text. How did the various organizations handle the communication and other aspects of the crisis leadership? Discuss your analysis both as an "outside observer" and by putting yourself within the crisis....what would you have done differently?
4. Analyzed the connection between positive conflict resolution methods and accomplishment of organizational objectives, you will examine how mindfulness, heart, vision, communication, courage, and integrity, help alleviate unproductive organizational conflict and how managers can teach and model these concepts to their employees. require a power point presentation on training that address each of the six forces and describe how they are useful when one is leading through change.View Full Posting Details