1. What do you see as the intersections of Drucker's discussion on effective decision making and the Lussier/Achua discussion of charismatic, transformational and transactional leaders Where do they agree and disagree
2. Using Drucker's discussion of generic vs. exceptional issues, how would you categorize/analyze the Katrina disaster and/or the events of 9-11?
3. Think about an organizational crisis that has recently made the news. Analyze the organizational reactions and crisis leadership in relation to the guidelines given in our text. How did the various organizations handle the communication and other aspects of the crisis leadership? Discuss your analysis both as an "outside observer" and by putting yourself within the crisis....what would you have done differently?
4. Analyzed the connection between positive conflict resolution methods and accomplishment of organizational objectives, you will examine how mindfulness, heart, vision, communication, courage, and integrity, help alleviate unproductive organizational conflict and how managers can teach and model these concepts to their employees. require a power point presentation on training that address each of the six forces and describe how they are useful when one is leading through change.
1. What do you see as the intersections of Drucker's discussion on effective decision making and the Lussier/Achua discussion of charismatic, transformational and transactional leaders Where do they agree and disagree.
Drucker is focused on maximizing the effectiveness of transactional leadership. None of the elements of his decision making process are relational in nature, whereas Lussier & Achua spend the majority of their work expounding the benefits of relational leadership above that of process- or transaction based.
- Charismatic Leader exhibits several traits (see attached chart) (Lussier, Achua, 2009. Pg 341).
- Transformational leaders are often (but not necessarily) charismatic as well. Transformational leadership "describes a process of positive influence, that changes and transforms individuals, organizations, and communities... [it] is positively related to individual, group, and organizational performance," (ibid. Pg 348). Attributes include, (ibid. Pg 350):
o Idealized Influence
o Inspirational Influence
o Individual consideration
o Intellectual stimulation
- Transactional leadership is typically "transitory, in that once a transaction ...
APA style study guide with references regarding Drucker and Lussier/Achua leadership philosophy and strategic management. Several specific case studies in crisis leadership are introduced to provide specific application of the concepts. Finally, a power-point presentation template is provided for presentation of the primary six forces of leadership.