This is for Master of Clinical Counseling and Mental Health
Write responses to the five questions at the end of this assignment. For the sixth question, please format a letter in the manner you would for a real client. This is not a typical paper, but you should still include a cover page and a reference page (if needed).
Case of Gayle
Gayle began taking piano lessons at age 4. By the time she was 10 years old, she was a proficient pianist, had completed in several statewide youth piano competitions, and had recently won the prestigious national Chopin Youth Piano Competition. Gayle had already decided that she wants to be a professional musician.
In school, Gayle performs well academically. Her fifth grade teacher believes that Gayle's musical ability as well as her high level of academic performance demonstrates gifted characteristics. So, the teacher decides to refer Gayle to be screened for the gifted and talented program. Gayle passed the screening test and was assessed for identification of giftedness. In Gayle's school, to qualify for the gifted and talented program, students have to meet specific criteria for superior cognitive ability, specific academic ability, creative thinking ability, and visual or performing arts ability as indicated in the table below:
(chart to use)
1. How would you describe Gayle's overall level of intelligence based on the CogAT scores?
2. How would you describe her overall level of achievement based on her scores on the WJ III ACH?
3. How would you interpret the comparison of Gayle's CogAT scores to her WJ III ACH scores?
4. How would you interpret Gayle's scores SRBCSS on the Creativity and Musical subtests?
5. Based on Gayle's scores, she is not accepted into the gifted and talented program. Why was she not accepted?
6. Write a letter to the Gifted Program Administrator appealing this decision. In your letter, make sure you reference all the relevant assessment about Gayle, including her academic grades, scores on the assessment instruments (e.g., WJ III ACH, CogAT, and the relevant SRBCSS subtest scores) as well as any other evidence related to evidence related to creative, artistic, or music ability.
*********** Please use the attached *******
Thank you!© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com July 19, 2018, 9:49 am ad1c9bdddf
I provided my notes to each of these items directly on the worksheet ...