Describe how media violence has affected our teenagers and adolescents.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 1:51 am ad1c9bdddf
Most teenagers and adolescents have watched television since their early childhood. The wide range of sounds and various images is something that captures the attention of developing children in an effort to satisfy their need for audio and visual stimulation. They are exposed to this constantly when parents realize that having their children watch TV keeps them occupied. This can come in handy, especially to some parents if children are misbehaving.
For adolescents and teenagers, the context in which the violent content is presented is as important as the constant viewing of violent content. Some may choose programs that present violent content in a subtle way while others may choose programs that show graphic depictions of violence. People may become indifferent to media violence because of the huge volume of violent content being shown on television and also the forms it can take including: exaggerated violence shown in cartoons, violent acts on reality shows, talk ...
This solution discusses how media violence has affected our teenagers and adolescents. The text contains 609 words and resources.
Effects of Video Game Violence
Describe the issue of exposure to video game violence in today's society. Explore issues such as:
1) Prevalence (e.g., age, gender, racial diversity, etc.)
2) In child developmental level, what are possible dangers of exposure to media violence in the context of his cognitive and socio emotional development?
3) Risk and protective factors, including predisposition to violence (e.g., are all children who play violent video games likely to become more aggressive? What protective factors might mitigate the possible outcomes for they?
4) What would be the possible outcomes if a child's behavior continues unchecked after continually be exposure to media violence?
5) Discuss types of intervention strategies we would expect his parents to find at a community level, such as in community centers, schools, and social service agencies, to assist children who are at risk due to ongoing exposure to media violence.
6) What would be a good plan to recommend to children's parents exposure to media violence?
7) Compare the dangers of exposure to video game violence with other forms of violence. What are similarities and differences between video game violence exposure and the other type of violence you chose to compare?
8) What are the costs of video game violence to the family and the community and society at large and the other form of violence you chose for comparison?
Please include references.