1.Why is it important for virtual group members to be confident? How may confidence be enhanced in online?
2.Is the A-E-I-O-U conflict management model an effective approach? Why or why not?
3. What role does argumentation play in group work? What does it accomplish and how?
4. What unique difficulties do female group leaders face? How may they overcome these difficulties?
5. How does power play a role in leadership?
6. Provide two examples of difficult personality types. Explain how to effectively deal with them.
1. IT IS IMPORTANT FOR VIRTUAL MEMBERS TO BE CONFIDENT BECAUSE THEY NEED TO BE ABLE TO SHOW THAT THEY HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE WORK THAT IS REQUIRED OF THEM. THEY WOULD ALSO HAVE TO SHOW THE WAYS THAT THEY CAN CONTRIBUTE EFFECTIVELY AND DO THEIR PART OF THE TASK THAT NEEDS TO BE ACCOMPLISHED. IF THEY ARE UNCONFIDENT AND NERVOUS GROUP MEMBERS WOULD NOT AS LIKELY TO BE ABLE TO MAKE A POSITIVE CONTRIBUTION TO THEIR GROUP AND DIMINISH THEIR EFFECTIVENESS IN PERFORMING A SPECIFIC TASK. THIS CONFIDENCE CAN BE ACCOMPLISHED ONLINE IN SEVERAL WAYS:
A) BOND WITH YOUR TEAM MEMBERS ON A PERSONAL BASIS.
B) CLEARLY IDENTIFY THE WORK THAT IS REQUIRED. DETERMINE WHAT THE FINAL PRODUCT WILL TURN OUT TO BE.
C) IDENTIFY THE TASKS THAT YOU WILL NEED TO DO IN ORDER TO ACCOMPLISH YOUR GOAL.
D) SIMPLIFY THE TASKS AND BREAK THEM DOWN STEP BY STEP.
E) COORDINATE TIME.
F) RESOLVE ANY FRICTION BETWEEN GROUP MEMBERS. AN EFFECTIVE SOLUTION SHOULD BE DEVELOPED.
G) TRACK THE PROGRESS OF THE GROUP.
H) BUILD IN REWARDS FOR WORKING WITH EACH OTHER.
2. THE A-E-I-O-U CONFLICT MANGEMENT MODEL IS AN EFFECTIVE CONFLICT ...
This solution discusses certain aspects of leadership such as power play, female group leaders, and the A-E-I-O-U conflict management model. It also talks about virtual groups and the role of argumentation in group work. Further it gives 2 examples of diffucult personality types and explains how to deal with them.