What steps can we take to ensure that the foods received by food service establishments are going to be free of intentional contamination?
Note: Please make response at least 3 paragraphs and cite references.
Hello and thank you for using Brainmass. The solution below should get you started. If you want to do further research on the topic, you can use the references listed for expansion. The word version of the solution is attached for easy printing.
OTA 105878/Xenia Jones
Avoiding Intentional Food Contamination
Food contamination is a serious issue for the Food and Service Industry. In 2006, the FDA released the ALERT initiative, measures simplified to remind and continue the vigilance of those working in the industry against food contamination. There are 5 main concerns that the initiative concentrated on and they are synthesized into the 5 questions as follows (FDA, 2006),
1. How do you Assure the supplies and ingredients you use are from safe sources?
2. How do you look after the security of the products and ingredients in your facility?
3. What do you know about your Employees and people coming in and out of your facilities?
4. Could you provide Reports about the security of your products while under your control?
5. What do you do and who do you notify if you have a Threat or issue at your facility including suspicious behavior?
In the US, there are no specific rules that are geared towards the prevention of ...
The solution is a 735-word narrative written as a tutorial module on the topic of the food service industry and intentional contamination with a special focus on FDA measures and the recommendations of the HHS in relation to preparing for and against the threat of bioterrorism. References are listed for expansion. A word version is attached for easy printing and digital use.