identify a problem or concern in your community, organization, etc. that has the capacity to be legislated. You will conduct research and state a proposal. Through the legislative process, your proposal for the problem or concern may influence an idea for change into a law.
- Identify the problem/concern
- State your proposal/idea
- Identify financial impact if any (e.g., added costs, cost savings, increased revenue
- Identify stakeholder groups that would support this bill
- Identify people/groups that would oppose this bill
Write this as a letter to a member of legislature. Provide a comprehensive and thoughtful discussion related to identifying a problem or concern that may influence an idea for change into law.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:38 am ad1c9bdddf
Identification of the problem/concern
Prison overcrowding is a concern in every community in the US. Overcrowding in prison has remain a major problems because they are not enough space in prisons for all criminals. Because the prisons are overcrowded, this lead to the early release of criminals who are not ready to reenter the community. The early release of offenders out of prisons threatens the public safety of communities across the US. The problem continue to grow when state and local governments passed on tough "on crime legislation." For example, California passed the "three strikes and you're out law that called for mandatory sentencing of repeat offenders. This policy led to the reduced crime rates, but increased populations in jails and prisons. In 2009, California was mandated to release 40,000 prisoners in two years. Steps are needed to stop this ...
Prison overcrowding is a concern in every community in the US. Overcrowding in prison has remain a major problems because they are not enough space in prisons for all criminals. This issue need to be resolve through state legislation.
Three Strikes Law
1. If the three strikes law is continued, will it cause future crowding problems within prisons, or should more prisons just be built? Will iy have an effect on the future construction of prisons or the prison system.
2. If the three strikes law is continued, will it cause future crowding problems within prisons, or should more prisons just be built? Explain what effect you think this law will have on the future construction of prisons or the prison systemView Full Posting Details