The Director of Compliance has requested you to conduct some research in preparation for an audit that will be conducted of Bay City. The research will assist the director in assessing that all healthcare professionals within organization have the appropriate license or certification.
Identify some healthcare professionals that would be employed by or contracted with Bay City that are regulated by the State of Rhode Island?
For each healthcare profession that is regulated, what entity regulates the specific profession?
What are some common regulation content areas for each of these professions found in the state administrative rules?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 1:35 am ad1c9bdddf
Registered Nurse- Regulated by the Board of Nurse Registration and Nursing Education
Regulations include: License requirements-any one who practices nursing or uses (verbally or in writing) the word Nurse must be licensed by the state.
Qualification Requirements-Must have a diploma and must be of good moral character.
Source: Office of health Professionals regulation (1998-2009). Retrieved September 2, 2009, from http://www2.sec.state.ri.us/dar/regdocs/released/pdf/DOH/5128.pdf
Physical Therapist-Regulated by the Board of ...
This project identifies some healthcare professionals that would be employed by or contracted with Bay City that are regulated by the State of Rhode Island. For each healthcare profession that is regulated it describes what entity regulates the specific profession and the common regulation content areas for each of these professions found in the state administrative rules.
Health care professionals licensing
Physicians and nurses are required by states to meet specific licensing requirements before providing care to the public; however, other health care workers are required to be licensed.
To help with the organizationâ??s presentation, prepare an Excel spreadsheet with resource information for the HR professionals at your hospital. Identify the various health care professionals in the state where you live that are required to maintain a license. Give a brief synopsis of the requirements (training, exams, etc.) for licensing.
1. You must analyze 5 healthcare professions that must become LICENSED to perform services in your state.
2. You must include a brief job description for the professions you select.
3. You should not select General Internist or RN...you are allowed to select speciality MDs or Nurses
4. You must have inline citations in the spreadsheet and you MUST use more than 1 reference (you may use nonacademic references...for this assignment ONLY)
5. You must have a complete reference list and have your name somewhere on your spreadsheet
6. You must do the entire assignment in Excel (visit the learning lab if you are uncomfortable with excel)