Based on carbohydrate-focused diet, compose at least 10 arguments addressing why the diet is superior to the other diets. The arguments must address the strengths, effectiveness, and safety of diet as opposed to other diets.
Create 5 rebuttal statements for arguments.
Vote on which diet appears to be the safest and most effective.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 21, 2019, 11:54 pm ad1c9bdddf
A carbohydrate-focused diet is superior to other diets for the following reasons:
1. Carbohydrates supply your body with energy. This helps fuel your activity and blast fat.
2. Carbohydrates help you trim abdominal fat. Carbohydrates are vegetables, fruits and whole grains. You can fill up on these items, and enjoy a wide range of micronutrients, fiber, and water as a result. This is better than filling up on other items! Research in the Journal of Nutrition cited a study in which adults who ate "about 3 servings of whole grains a day had about 2.4 percent less body fat and 3.6 percent less abdominal fat than those who ate less than a quarter of a serving" (Wright, 2010)
3. Carbohydrates make you feel better. The Archives of Internal Medicine looked at the emotional differences between a low fat diet and a low carb diet. Participants were measured on feelings of depression, anxiety, anger, and fatigue for a year. It was found that only those dieters on the low fat diet were able to maintain an increase in positive mood throughout the year (Hutchison, 2009)
4. Carbohydrates can help prevent weight gain and even promote weight loss. Carbohydrates are full of fiber. Brigham Young University (2009) studied middle -age women found that those who chose more carbohydrates in the form of vegetables, fruit, whole grain pastas and bread, legumes were less likely to gain weight. This is because more fiber equals less weight gain.
5. The naturally occurring sugars in fruit, a carbohydrate, don't cause the same spikes in blood sugar and insulin that refined sugar does. This helps regulate moods. In addition, ...
This solution evaluates carbohydrate-focused diets, and argues why it is superior to other diets. The argument addresses the strengths, effectiveness, and safety of the diet. Rebuttals are also given. Includes APA references.