Please help with the following: I need to determine two (2) specific forces in the external environment that will have the most impact on a hospital.
I also need to determine two (2) specific internal factors that the organization's leaders need to consider in preparing for the future of health care and the future of the organization. Provide a rationale for your decision.
Discuss the impact of both the identified internal and external forces on the organization's ability to develop a competitive strategy.
Could you recommend one (1) strategy that involves the organization's managers in implementing and maintaining the momentum of the strategic plan.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 9:01 am ad1c9bdddf
I need to determine two (2) specific forces in the external environment that will have the most impact on a hospital.
The understanding of external factors in healthcare systems is imperative for hospital administrators, doctors, and nurses because these external factors are vital for the successful operation of hospital systems. One of the most pressing factors within the external environment that healthcare workers must comprehend is that they merely are an individual component within an intricate and fragmented web of interacting subsystems of healthcare where no single person or component controls what occurs. Thus individual components can be competent and good providers but if the system's management is flawed or incompetent, the entire system will cease to work as it is supposed to because of the external factors affecting the system.
Large interacting systems are the embodiment of healthcare as paramedics, hospitals, home health care, pharmacies, and other healthcare entities are all loosely connected in the intricate healthcare network wherein communications, equipment, and devices function with diffused management in uncertain environments because of the lack of certainty arising from this intricate system. Economic pressures, politics, healthcare policies, scientific and technological advancements are all external factors that influence the productivity, effectiveness, and validity of health care. The impacts of these external factors are incalculable as they shape the healthcare field's management and healthcare policy.
The solution discusses the specific forces in the external environment that will have the most impact on a hospital.
Assessing and Regulating Healthcare
For this assignment you are being asked to consider ethical issues in public health and health services. Using course materials, the Internet, and your Library you are to answer the following questions:
1. What tensions exist between protection of the public's health and protection of individual rights?
2. How should scarce health resources be allocated and used?
3. What should the balance be between expenditures and quality of life in the case of chronic and terminal illness?
4. What are appropriate limits on using expensive medical technology?
5. What obligations do health care insurers and health care providers have in meeting the right-to-know of patients as consumers?
6. What responsibility exists for the young to finance health care for older persons?
7. What obligation exists for government to protect the most vulnerable sectors of society?
8. Is health care a right or privilege in the United States?View Full Posting Details