The three concepts are outlined in the Health Belief Model intoduced by Hochbaum, Rosenstock, Levental and Kegeles in the 1950s. They assumed people feared disease and that health actions were motivated in relation to the degree of fear and expected fear-reduction potential of taking steps to prevent that disease ...
High Risk Family Assessment and Health Promotion Paper
Need to obtain an article or articles on common health problems (morbidity) and mortality data for a specific high-risk family**(Alcohol Abuse is the high-risk group that I chose) type. The article(s) need to include information on common health issues among members/families from this high-risk group.
I also need as much information as possible on the following questions, including links if possible for further research.
Visit the Healthy People 2010 (HP) website to find three to four health promotion and disease prevention objectives applicable to the specific high-risk family group. (I went to this site but did not understand this very well).
1) A summary of the health profile of the specific high-risk family group, with explanation of the high-risk condition and associated behaviors or patterns
2) Describe the components of an assessment of the family type you selected with use of applicable theories.
3) Identify applicable HP 2010 objectives for one of the health problems common to this high-risk group.
4) Describe nursing intervention strategies applicable to this family situation based on health promotion - health belief models, family theory, and analysis of family function that are supported by literature or research. (I currently am using the textbook Family nursing by Friedman, Bowden & Jone
5) Describe the role of the advanced practice nurse as a case manager in this type of nursing situation.View Full Posting Details