Please help me understand how the different demographic population affect women and the aging population in healthcare, especially in our current economic downfall and with the current healthcare reform. Thank You !
- Describe the general effect that changing demographics may have on the health care market.
- Why and how will changes in the demographics of this population affect health care?
- Identify two key health care-related challenges to this population, such as increases in health care costs, increases in prescription drug costs, or the need for in-home medical care.
- Describe how a chronic disease wellness program may affect the costs for this demographic.
- What do the demographics tell you about the marketing needs or services needed for this population?
- How can the individual patient, the community, and society as a whole address these challenges?
-----Describe the general effect that changing demographics may have on the health care market.
Anytime demographics within a health care market change there will be a sort of realignment with strategy, both operationally and financially. For example, if the population you serve changes from 60% male to 60% female, then you have to consider focusing your strategies to women's health such as Obstetrics and pre-natal care. This in turn can impact you financially if you have to take resources away from other services. It really depends on the demand the population you serve presents.
Currently we are experiencing a change with our ageing population. The baby boomers are entering a stage in their life where more care will be needed. A lot of health care organization are focusing on geriatric care currently. They see the population of older patient growing and are therefore preparing for the services they will need to provide
-----Why and how will changes in the demographics of this population affect health care?
Changes in the women's population will demand more services for women's health and pre and post natal care. A lot of this will be preventive care such as health screenings and regular OBGyn checkups. This will be driven by the change in population of course. If women's health services need to expand in an organization, then that organization will need to evaluate itself both financially and operationally. Answering questions such as the following will guide the organization in their decision ...
This solution describes the womens and aging poipulation demographics and how changes in these two populations affect healthcare. It also discusses how changes impact the type of care provided and how organizations are impacted, and also health care challenges to these two populations. Finally it addresses how these populations, individuals, and the community can address these challenges in todays healthcare environment.
External Environment Data Gathering for a Proposed Seniors Hospital in Orange County, California
Here is a description and information pertaining to my project. Can you please help me get started?
The Mission Viejo Medical Center (in Mission Viejo, California,) comprises two institutions that are geographically adjacent:
a. Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center; website: Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center website: Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center
b. Children's Hospital at Mission (CHM); website: Children's Hospital at Mission (CHM) http://www.mission4health.com/affiliations/choc-childrens-at-mission.html
2. The two hospitals serve (within less than a 10-mile radius) the populations of the following nine municipalities: Aliso Viejo, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, and San Juan Capistrano.
3. There are two retirement communities in the service area:
a. The city of Laguna Woods (http://www.lagunawoodscity.org/) is home to Leisure World (http://www.lagunawoodsvillage.com/), a retirement community of more than 23,000 residents age 55 and older.
b. The city of Mission Viejo is home to Casta Del Sol, a retirement community of more than 3,000 residents age 55 and older.
Following the example and success of integrating a special children's hospital, it is suggested for the purpose of project only, that an additional new hospital be built, catering to the special needs of the senior population, to be named: Golden Age Hospital (GAH).As a part of The project Consulting Team, you've been tasked to research and develop a project feasibility plan for the future GAH. The projects should be addressed through administrative or management lenses.
1. Search the Web and gather relevant general information regarding hospitals for seniors and direct data pertaining to the external environment of the proposed GAH.
2. Medical institutions for seniors: Types of institutions and clinics serving older adults (their size per population served); Types of special services provided for older adults and catering to their needs; Length-of-stay of older adults at various hospitals.
3. Locale (Mission Viejo area) City demographics: Can be obtained from (but not limited to): http://www.city-data.com/View Full Posting Details