Module 4 - Case
IMPLEMENTING LONG TERM CARE QUALITY
Upon completion of your masters degree, you submitted your resume to a large multiple-facility chain which specializes in long-term care facilities across the United States.
You are asked to participate in an interview which will consist of the president of the company and a subcommittee consisting of key members of the board of directors. In preparing for the interview, you are asked to prepare a PowerPoint presentation in which you will outline your approach(es) to quality improvement as they relate to pressure ulcers and falls- two key areas that the company as a whole has been having issues with during the annual survey process.
Based on your readings in this and other Modules, and your knowledge of various models for ensuring a comprehensive approach to Quality Management in long term care, please prepare a PowerPoint presentation consisting of 15-20 slides in which you:
• Provide a brief overview of your preferred method to quality improvement in long term care.
• Recommend a model that will address the two areas identified by the company as problematic (pressure ulcers and falls).
• Provide a rationale for the model you select to address the aforementioned problems.
• Help the president and board members understand the benefits as well as the limitations of the model that you selected.
Your references and citations should be consistent with a particular formatting style, such as APA.
1. Your response should be based on reliable and scholarly material, such as peer-reviewed articles, white papers, technical papers, etc.. Do not include information from non-scholarly materials such as Wikis, encyclopedias, www.freearticles.com (or similar websites).
2. Your response should incorporate the objectives of the module with the requirements of this assignment.
Collaborative clinical quality improvement is examined.